- Faster Refunds – with direct deposit, you can receive your refund in as little as 8 days.
- Greater Accuracy – error rate for paper returns is 20%; 1% for e-filed returns.
- Secure and confidential submission – there has never been an IRS e-file security breach
- File now, pay later – e-file does not mean you have to pay a balance due. You can postpone that until April 15
- Quick confirmation – receipt of your e-filed tax return is within 24 hours
- Convenience - accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Most importantly, no paper return to mail
For more information, refer to the IRS e-file resource.