- Claim head of household filing status when you're married
- Claim Earned Income Credit for a child that doesn't live with you
- Claim an exemption for a child that doesn't live with you and you don't have permission from the custodial parent.
- Claim the standard deduction when your spouse doesn't
- Claiming deductions for a hobby
- Claim an exemption for your pets
- Fail to file a tax return and claim the "taxation without representation"
- Deducting your home office when your employer provides a work station for you
- Deducting commuting expenses
- Deducting depreciation expenses on a vehicle you lease
Thursday, March 24, 2011
You can't do this on your tax return
Here are ten no-no's on your return.